Brad and I got married one year, 4 months, and 4 days ago. If that was a pair of shoes or a purse, I would by no means consider it new. In fact, to be honest, I probably would have gotten rid of it at this point. (unless it was designer or a really functional basic…)But when I think about how this marriage’s lifespan is intertwined with mine, it’s brand new. There is no way I could squeeze 490 days into one post…but I will try.
Our first home!
| Brad fixing the paint job that I so sweetly started while he was at work. |
Brad was determined to have the Houston skyline outside of his window…absolutely determined. After disagreeing on one loft (that was beautiful but a little too…well surrounded by the ghetto), we found the perfect compromise. Skyline for Brad, Chili’s, Petsmart, and Target in the parking lot for me. (I actually think I got the better end of the deal on this one!) However…these things don’t come cheap. Therefore, our first apartment was a mere 750 sq. feet, of which Brad’s clothes took up 500 sq. feet. Only Sandy can truly empathize with me on the amount of clothes Brad owns…not because he is such a frequent shopper, but because he REFUSES to throw things away…we are talking about things from middle school! Anyway, other than the size, it was perfect and it became home. And it wasn’t long before there was a new addition to our little threesome…..
Our first Pet!
Obviously I’m not talking about a baby, I already have one of those and his name is Bentley. He just happens to be furry. Brad and Bentley have a good man/yorkie relationship, the only problem is the fight for alpha-dog. I won’t answer who wins that one…
Anyway, we walked across our parking lot to Petsmart to grab some things for Bentley, when we approached a sign saying “Pet Adoptions today!” Knowing my heart for dogs, Brad looked at me and said, “No more pets Libby.” My interest quickly faded when I saw they were all big, however Brad’s was peaked. Before I knew it, we are walking out of Petsmart with a 50 pound mutt. We really lucked out, he is the sweetest most gentle dog I’ve ever known, and his name is Levi. (there are plenty of Levi and Bentley stories to come)
Work!
God really blessed me with an amazing opportunity last July. I am the assistant to the CEO of Francesca’s Collections. I was a little nervous/intimidated about the thought of being a CEO’s assistant, I didn’t even know how to use a fax machine. I get to plan events, book travel, organize meetings….everyday is different. I’ve learned so much in one year it’s overwhelming to think about. As if I didn’t get to work for the best bosses in town, there is a little thing called a sample closet 20 yards away from my desk. I love everything about Francesca’s. The best part of is I inherited a whole new family when I started working here. I LOVE MY JOB.
Brad is still working for Gallagher and has now been promoted to associate producer. It’s been funny to watch Brad turn from a college boy with wrinkled clothes into a business man. I’m very proud of him.
Lesson’s learned in the past year:
· White cooking wine is NOT Chardonnay
· Paying movers is worth every cent
· Dallas is too far away
· Brad is an amazing husband
This isn’t even a sliver of all the sweet memories that have come from our first year of marriage, that is why I want to document our story for memories sake. My life has been nothing but an adventure from the day I met Brad, marriage being the biggest so far. Happy is inadequate to describe life with Brad, I am blessed.
Libby
"Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind."
— G.K. Chesterton
— G.K. Chesterton

1 comments:
I love this!
I am so blessed to know you both. Excited to read more adventures :)
-Allison and Stella
Post a Comment